Chief Information Officer
We are currently looking for a Chief Information Officer (CIO) to join our team.
This position, based out of Atlanta, is responsible for developing, executing, and managing information technology strategies of the enterprise and for maintaining the integrity of the technology environments supporting the various business units.
This includes all data centers, communication networks (voice and data), application development teams and their processes, and computer systems operations. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct all employees in IT and e-commerce departments to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Demonstrated ability to envision and create web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve internal business problems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Technology.
• 5 years’ experience managing web application development.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the IT function.
• Must currently or previously have held a VP of IT or CIO/CTO position.
• Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework
• Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
• Ability to discern user requirements, develop specifications and create solutions.
• Experience managing a software development team and process.
• Knowledge of web standards.
• Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
• Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
• Experience in contract review/negotiation and management of complex technology vendor agreements.
• Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
• Knowledge of the following languages: PHP, SQL, My SQL, HTML5, CSS
• Working knowledge of SQL Server, SQL Queries, MS Access; some coding and report writing experience would be helpful.
• Proven leadership ability
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.