JOIN US SEPTEMBER 6th from 10am - 4pm for an OPEN HOUSE! Learn more about opportunities available at La-Z-Boy! Please bring a copy of your resume! If you are not able to attend, please submit your resume via CareerBuilder for consideration.
We are located at 1755 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick, RI 02866
Part Time Interior Design Assistant
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries are looking for individuals who have a degree or are currently enrolled in an Interior Design program. If you are an individual who is driven to create beautiful home environments that represent the client’s lifestyle, fashion, and taste, we are looking for you.
Our Interior Design Assistants work closely with our Interior Designer. They assist with clients in our design center as well as at the client’s home to create individualized design solutions to sell La-Z-Boy products and services. The Interior Design Assistant will do space planning, fabric coordination, and product selection. They are responsible for creating sales and utilizing exceptional customer service skills.
If you are looking for career growth and you have completed your Interior Design program, the next step would be to consider the full-time Interior Designer position.
Responsible for creating sales utilizing exceptional customer service and knowledge of La-Z-Boy products and services. Strive to create long-term customer relationships that will lead to increased sales and profitability. Develop awareness of interior design through practical experience, observation and interaction with a La-Z-Boy Designer. Assist the Interior Designer in designing and creating comfortable and functional environments that represent client’s lifestyle, taste and budget.
- Contribute to store sales goals by selling furniture, accessories and services offered by La-Z-Boy
- Team with Store Manager, Sales Manager and Associates to promote the In-Home Design program and drive overall store sales
- Assist Interior Designer to achieve established In-Home program sales goals
- Develop and utilize sales skills and principals including approach, rapport building, needs discovery, customized portfolio presentations, answering objections, closing, follow-up, after sale service and continuing contact with all previous and potential customers
- Maximize store promotions, marketing initiatives, and grassroots programs
- Maintain strong knowledge of features and benefits of existing and new product line
- Meet established goals as set by management
- Schedule professional home consultations to present customized room designs, including sample fabrics, furniture, tables and accessory recommendations as well as the benefits of a professional installation service
- Execute and champion the In-Home Design process per company guidelines
- Accurately complete order information, collect deposits and fees, keep orderly customer records, and research customer payments and deliveries
- Responsible to support design related functions in the store and maintain an up to date customized portfolio including before and after pictures of previous In-Home design projects
- Meet and greet customers that come into the store
- Ensure that each La-Z-Boy customer has an informative and positive experience by using good customer service skills and knowledge of products
- Make sound business decisions to deliver customer satisfaction and promote team environment
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all store associates
- Assist with maintenance of the overall visual appearance of store, this includes but is not limited to assist to maintain floor and/or showroom displays, tagging of products and accessories, maintaining accessory catalogs and design center fabrics, and maintaining general store cleanliness
- Adhere to general store operational procedures and guidelines
- Show a sense of urgency, enthusiasm and excitement with the staff and customers
- Other duties as assigned