MEADOWBROOK INSURANCE GROUP, Inc. (NYSE:MIG) is a publicly traded company that employs more than 1000 associates in over 30 offices throughout the United States. Meadowbrook operates insurance agencies, a risk management company that provides services to self-insured groups, funds and pools, and operates 6 domestic insurance companies.
Meadowbrook is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing challenging opportunities for our associates and a superior working environment. As Meadowbrook continues to grow, we are constantly on the lookout for bright, talented team players with a dedication and passion for their work.
We offer our associates competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, a friendly, team oriented environment and encourage and reward the professional growth of our associates.
We are currently looking for a Benefits and Compensation Analyst to join our home office in Southfield, MI.
This position is responsible for administration and analysis of the company benefit and compensation programs. Specific duties include research and analysis of benefit and compensation plan data for purposes of monitoring performance, cost control, making recommendations for education/communication initiatives and plan design changes. Also responsible for ensuring compliance with all benefit and compensation related regulations and reporting requirements. In addition, this position will support the bi-weekly, multi-state payroll processing function.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and analysis of benefit and compensation plan data for purposes of monitoring performance, controlling costs, ensuring competiveness, and making recommendations for education and communication initiatives as well as plan design changes
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations (federal and state) as related to benefit and compensation plan administration. Specifically, ERISA, HIPAA, PPACA, FMLA, FLSA, and COBRA
- Respond to benefit and compensation market data surveys
- Extraction of data and compiling of meaningful reports from our HRIS/benefit system to support benefit and compensation plan administration
- Assist with the plan administration and communication of the 401k and Non-qualified Deferred Comp Plans. Coordination of the plan annual audit and filing of Form 5500 and Form 8895-SSA
- Research and respond to complex benefit questions from Associates