Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
Team Member Job Posting
Tier 1 Information technology help desk technician
Tier 1 IT Help Desk Technician CSR
Peckham Inc./Business Services
Hours of Operation:
24 hours/7 days
Health & Welfare Benefit +
Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) in this position will be responsible for providing over the phone support that is technical in nature. The activities associated with this position include identification, prioritization and resolution of reported problems. Additionally, the CSR will, over the phone, perform general maintenance tasks and resolve less complex IT problems immediately, while the more complex IT issues will be escalated to a higher level of support. During the course of work the CSR may encounter the need to use problem management databases and/or proprietary help desk systems.
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) provides the U.S. Armed Forces with nearly 100% of the consumable items needed to operate. The positions available are to support employees of the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
▪ Prior to job training, a candidate must possess one of the following CompTIA certifications:
o **This CompTIA certification must have a continuing education (ce) designation
▪ Ability to become certified as a Microsoft Certified Professional - Win 7 Configuring (70-680) and CompTIA Security+ (SYO-301) within 6 months of hire.
▪ English language proficiency both spoken and written
▪ U.S. Citizen
▪ Good Credit History
▪ No criminal misdemeanor or felony record
▪ 1 year of work experience in help desk function is desirable
▪ People with disabilities and Veterans are strongly encourage to apply, and will be given preference in the hiring process
Minimum Requisite Skills and Knowledge:
▪ Excellent customer service skills
▪ Ability to respond to requests for technical assistance via the phone and through other electronic means
▪ Ability to diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
▪ Conduct research using the available resources to assist callers
▪ Ability to advise callers of step-by-step process to resolve the purpose of call
▪ Ability to have an understanding of which calls require attention and which require an escalation to a non-level 1 IT help desk CSR
▪ Ability to prepare activity reports, track/log/route problems, issues, requests and document resolutions
▪ Ability and desire to maintain and stay current with system information, changes, and updates
▪ Use tools to remotely access end user systems and perform corrective actions to resolve the users problem
▪ Achievement of service level requirements including but not limited to average talk time and first call resolution, etc
▪ Oral and written communication skills
▪ Fluency in English
▪ Learning skills
▪ Customer service orientation
▪ Problem analysis and problem-solving
▪ Ability to work independently and as part of a team
▪ Planning and organization
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Stress tolerance
Training and Continuous Education:
This position may require initial training, on the job training, subsequent training and continuing education of which will be outlined and facilitated by the training department or some other approved means. Some trainings will be required for the position while other training will be mandatory for consideration for advancement.
Many of the positions through the Business Services Division require a security clearance. Thus, the candidate/employee must pass and maintain appropriate security and background checks as required for each area and/or contract. The extent of the security and background check may vary by position. Employment may also be contingent upon successful security and background checks and may be run on an ad hoc basis. Required security and clearance checks will be completed at no financial cost to the candidate.
To determine if you are a potential candidate for this position a review of the following may apply:
▪ A criminal background/history inquiry
▪ Employment verification
▪ Drug screening
▪ Credit history
The following may impact your ability to gain the required authorization:
▪ Poor credit, bankruptcy in the past 2-3 years and/or delinquent payments
▪ Previous termination from previous employment that involves theft or other negligent actions on your part
▪ Drug or alcohol use
▪ Failure to be honest when responding to the required Federal Security Clearance questions
▪ Clearance investigations can/will go back as far as 7 years or more.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual must also have access to reliable transportation to and from work.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals and work instructions. Additionally, the candidate selected must have the ability to speak and write clearly and effectively to the extent expected for the position.
The candidate selected must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts and have the ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual will be required to multitask. The employee will also be required to speak, listen, read, and use a computer simultaneously during their scheduled shift. Individuals will be required to be mobile throughout the building. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Individuals will be in a cubicle for the majority of their scheduled shift. The employment facility is a universally designed building with an open environment that provides natural light throughout work areas. Individuals will work individually, and therefore are required to work well independently; however, they will also be a member of a team and therefore must be able to work in a team atmosphere. The tasks of the call center are repetitive in nature. The noise level is generally moderate. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies all duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Peckham, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, or any other artificial characteristic.
To express your interest in these positions, please contact:
3510 Capital City Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48906
E-mail: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
EOE-Embracing Diversity to Achieve Excellence