Assistant Store Manager
At the Vitamin Shoppe, Every Body Matters! We are dedicated to inspiring health and wellness one life at a time.
Our goal is to inspire you to take control of your health. We provide products, knowledge and motivation to help you live your healthiest life. We believe that every body matters. These words are more than our tagline; they’re our reason for being. For us, it’s not just about the vitamins; it’s about the individual lives that we touch every day. We believe in giving personal attention and doing all we can to help you achieve your unique goals. Our associates (we call them health enthusiasts) are eager – and very highly trained – to help you find what you need, and ensure that you have an exceptional experience every time you visit the Vitamin Shoppe.
Come be a part of something great and join our family of Health Enthusiasts!
This position is responsible for providing an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service focus) to customers and performing operational duties that drive sales through product knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. The Assistant Store Manager leads and manages a store to meet or exceed financial goals in a manner that is consistent with our Branded Customer Experience. The Assistant Store Manager drives sales through product knowledge and merchandising and performs operational duties to run the retail store. These duties include but are not limitedto opening/closing, ensuring store security, overseeing safety, training and developing the team, choosing top talent and assisting with escalated customer issues. This position supports the environment of health and wellness that The Vitamin Shoppe Inc. represents.
- Establishes models and reinforces an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service) through proper engagement and selling techniques in order to achieve or exceed financial goals set for the store including sales plan. Actively seeks information to understand customers’ circumstances, expectations and needs
- Use product information and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making product selections that are right for them. Delivers friendly and prompt service to minimize customer wait time
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers and co-workers that fosters a positive work environment, embraces diversity and supports the culture including health, wellness and nutrition
- Promotes growth and sales by creating and maintaining internal/external community outreach relationships within the local community. Establishes an active sampling regimen through customer engagement
- Assists Store Manager to develop a team of qualified health enthusiasts, by participating in the interview and selection process, ensuring established health enthusiasts achieve their goals and objectives through training and development
- Supports the Store Manager with succession planning strategies
- Participates in learning and development activities such as daily store meetings and all other training provided by The Vitamin Shoppe so customers can be better serviced Ensures store training, learning paths / Vitamin Shoppe University are performed in a timely manner. Assists Store Manager in coaching and counseling all team members on performance issues
- Use of tactical and strategic planning when assisting in creating appropriate schedules and execution of workload
- Executes and maintains operational, promotional and visual/merchandising standards and initiatives, ensuring that the Vitamin Shoppe Brand and company are well represented
- Ensures execution of inventory management processes including product rotation, the return of market withdrawals, documents damages and expired product, completes cycle counts, zero on hand and annual physical inventory process. Completes shipment processing in accordance with company standard
- Effectively prepares the store; cleans store, shelves and recovers products. Prepare for and set monthly sales promotions, ensuring a compelling presentation to the customer
- Protect and maintain company assets and resources including cash control, inventory, fixtures and physical facility to prevent theft. Maintain the confidentiality and security of sales records and operational reports. Ensures work environment is safe for both customers and associates
- Maintains effective communication throughout the store and partners with the Store Manager and Customer Support Center (CSC), District/Market Manager and Regional Director
- Operate the cash register and prepares customer transactions and receipts efficiently. Fully understands register functions, opening and closing procedures and can balance the cash registers at the end of each shift or as scheduled. Adheres to and executes bank deposit process
- Execute all company policies and objectives within the store, ensuring that the VS brand and company is well represented. Stays current and up to date with policies and procedures. Ensures store team dresses in accordance to the personal appearance policy
- Lead the store in the absence of the SM to include opening / closing, customer service, store maintenance (interior and exterior) and coaching / delegating to the team
- Effectively communicates and brings to life the company vision, values and sales goals at daily meetings. Provides timely feedback on goals and initiatives. Fosters and actively participates in donation drives as determined by the CSC
- Follow management direction in completing other duties as required
- Flexibility to work in another location depending on the company’s business needs