EXPERIENCED ORTHO/SPINE MIDLEVEL WITH OFFICE/OR BACKGROUND REQUIRED. The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practioner works with the care team to provide patient care. This health care provider assists in orienting new patients to the delivery system by obtaining a medical history and performing a complete examination on eligible patients who request a health assessment. This health care provider assesses, manages and treats medical illnesses under direct and/or indirect supervision of primary or alternate supervising physicians.
1. Performs routine exams on patients requesting and/or needing complete physical examinations, pap and pelvics, reviews results and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
2. Assesses, diagnoses and creates a plan of care for many acute and common illnesses under direct supervision of primary or alternate physicians.
3. Orders appropriate tests as indicated by history and physical examination. Reviews x-ray and laboratory results, directing plan of care based on normal and abnormal results. Consults and refers to a physician when appropriate. Consults with a physician prior to making an outside referral.
4. Advises patient of abnormal results by phone and a postcard system of normal results.
5. Works by appointment schedule also seeing work-in/acute care patients triaged by nurse personnel.
6. Strives to attain a patient volume (benchmark) established by national standards and provided to the health professional on a monthly basis.
7. Completes dictations within 24 hours of seeing the patient and records appropriate data in the patient’s medical record.
8. Develops a collegial working relationship with peers, physicians and staff on the unit, contributing suggestions for improving departmental and organizational operations.
9. Reviews department protocols, revising, and updating annually.