PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (with teacher supervision and training)
- Score and record local achievement and diagnostic tests as the teacher recommends for individual students.
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- Learn how to operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
- Assist students with instructional materials assigned by the teacher to promote on-going skill development.
- Help student with independent study, enrichment work and remedial work as set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Assist in providing/administering health care services including the administering of medication, basic life support, or other services that require the employee to provide therapeutic or sanitary care.
- Assist with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods and field trips.
- Assist with large group activities such as drill work, reading aloud, etc.
- Carry out proper procedure in assisting wheelchair and physically disabled students where needed (health care services, i.e., provide support or services for therapeutic or sanitary purposes, restroom, pool, playground, classroom, etc.).
- Read to students; listen to students read and to participate in other forms of oral communication with students.
- Assist students in the library, media center or computer lab.
- Check notebooks, correct papers, supervise testing and make-up work as assigned by the teacher.
- Alert the teacher of any problems or special information about an individual student.
- Assist with the handling of students with emotional disabilities (after being trained) where the need arises.
- Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of all staff.
- Participate in in-service training programs as assigned/offered.
- Other related responsibilities which may occur in the course of the job function or that may be assigned by a faculty function or that may be assigned by a faculty member or administrator.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY IN HIRING: Employment opportunities within the New Albany-Floyd County Consolidated School Corporation shall be equal and non-discriminatory for all persons, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, family status, religion, age, national origin, limited English proficiency, disability, military status or veteran status.
As a condition of employment, the successful applicant will be required to prove eligibility for employment in the United States under the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Each applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory, current Limited Criminal History (LCH). Limited Criminal History forms are available in the Human Resources Office.
Interested parties who desire to be considered for this position should go to our web site, www.nafcs.k12.in.us and click on Jobs/Employment Opportunities and fill out and submit, online, their application for employment. There shall be a minimum of five (5) days from the date of this notice to apply.