GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
An EDI Developer is responsible for a wide array of items focused on the development and maintenance of EDI transactions, primarily the HIPAA implementations of healthcare datasets including Claims (837), Eligibility (834), Electronic Remittance (835), as well as others. S/he is responsible for maintenance/code update of existing EDI processes; design/coding of new EDI processes, project management of small/medium initiatives, and direct support of the production EDI team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, optimize, enhance and maintain EDI applications in various formats that include HIPAA standard formats such as 837 and 834, 837, 835, 277CA and other proprietary formats using EDI mapping tools.
• Create and maintain interfaces between applications systems and client EDI transactions.
• Ability to analyze data and develop ad hoc reports on EDI data given various criteria
• Apply in-depth knowledge of systems and business to the development of technical design for large complex processes and projects.
• Evaluate user requests for new and modifications to applications/programs/processes/maps.
• Maintain detailed documentation and process flow of all EDI processes.
• Communicate with trading partners, software vendors, and internal departments.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on ETL products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Participate in project meetings, providing input to project plans and providing status updates.
• At the request of end users or management, research questions involving EDI applications and how the data is organized and populated.
• Provide status updates on all assigned tasks using the department's service request tracking tool.
• Support end-user functional departments as requested by management.
• Follow existing source code management and version control processes for all coding efforts.