TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION (6 months+)
Celebrating nearly 60 years in business, Beaver Street Fisheries, Inc. (“BSF”) ranks as one of the nation’s largest seafood distributors and among Jacksonville’s and Florida’s largest companies. BSF’s approximately 300 associates supply retail, food service, and export customers worldwide with frozen seafood, meats, and other food products purchased throughout the U.S. and imported from over 50 countries on almost every continent. BSF also operates a processing facility packaging and processing frozen seafood products for its customers, an export division supplying the Bahamas’ largest foodservice distributor and other accounts in the Caribbean, as well as the Jacksonville Farmers Market.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounts Payable Clerk provides clerical support necessary to process invoices for payment and report information regarding the obligations of the Company. They ensure that transactions are properly documented to support their validity and authorization and that an accurate amount is paid.
• Matches up and verifies purchase orders, invoices, and supporting documents to substantiate payment.
• Receives and organizes statements from vendors; checks vendor files for payment of any invoices listed outstanding and calls departments and or vendors in regard to any old outstanding invoices for verification of unpaid, lost, or billed invoices.
• Makes calls to vendors to clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures; calls department for proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments. Research and correct discrepancies.
• Verifies vendor information.
• Calculates all extensions and totals on invoices.
• Calculates and takes discounts when applicable.
• Ability to function well in a high-volume transactional environment
• Processes manual checks, as necessary.
• Assist with A/P close process and participate in process improvement.
• Match unpaid invoices with support documentation, including properly approved purchase orders, bills of lading, proof of receipt, etc.
• Enter invoices for payment into in-house cash disbursement program
• Scan into and retrieve copies of all support documentation from an electronic filing system
• Capture data at month end to facilitate the monthly accounting close process
• Follow up with departments regarding outstanding purchase orders and invoices
• Interact with Vendors regarding statements, outstanding invoices and pending payments
• Interact with other Accounting staff regarding cleared checks and stop payments
• Handles sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Accounts Payable Manager
A typical work shift consists of a schedule from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or until work is completed, Monday through Friday and overtime as scheduled.
This position reports directly to the Accounts Payable Manager.