Florida Technical College is hiring a part-time Esthetics Instructor for the Kissimmee Campus located in the Osceola Square Mall on 192/Vine St.
FTC is hiring energetic, enthusiastic instructors to teach adult students for the following programs:
All applicants must be a(n):
- Licensed in Florida in their field
- Experienced Instructor at a college, school, institution or academy
Instructor/Adjunt Faculty Position:
To provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to gain entry-level employment in their chosen field of study by utilizing teaching skills, experience, and abilities to create a positive, nurturing and effective classroom environment in an effort to actively retain and successfully graduate students from their program of study.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain knowledge of the subject matter in the field(s) of appointment and create learning experiences to make the subject matter meaningful and relative to the students
- Prepare students for an entry-level position in their chosen field of study
- Continuously relate the relevancy of all courses within the program to the current course being taught
- Submit course syllabi to the Dean no later than the first day of class each term/module
- Be prepared for class every day. Have the classroom and/or lab and related materials ready in advance.
- Follow curriculum materials of standardized courses/programs. i.e. course syllabus, lesson plans, etc.
- Keep and maintain accurate student attendance and grade records
- Record and submit attendance daily. Include comments for absent students on attendance roster
- Report discrepancies between the attendance roster and students attending class immediately to the Registrar
- Make and document daily telephone contact with all absent students
- Provide tutoring services to students, as needed
- Submit final grades and a copy of the grade book to the Registrar on time, as directed.
- Report any student requests for change of status (e.g., leaves of absences, withdrawals, schedule change, etc.) to the Director of Education or Executive Director
- Report any student or other issues immediately to the Department Chairperson or Director of Education including excessive student tardiness or absences, behavioral issues, classroom/equipment issues, etc.
- Keep accurate chronological records of student advising and behavioral incidents
- Regularly attend and participate in faculty meetings, program meetings, all-school meetings, etc
- Actively participate in faculty professional development plan activities including in-service activities.
- Maintain currency of professional certifications and licenses.
- Support and attend student activities such as graduation exercises.
- Maintain budgeted retention levels for your classes and support the school’s retention plans and strategies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide, and review with students, a course syllabus on the first day of class that identifies the goals and objectives of the course, the teaching and evaluation methods, and the information and assignments that will be covered in the course. Introduce the plans and objectives for the class each day; write daily objectives on board.
- Provide diversified learning experiences for all students to accommodate their different learning styles. Use appropriate assessment methods such as tests, essays, oral presentations, papers, projects, practicum. Use effective classroom management skills. Start and end class at the assigned times, including break times
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Prefer bilingual in English and Spanish
- Actively seek out opportunities to grow professionally
- Maintain current knowledge of business and industry trends, new technologies, etc.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write the English language. Oral communication must be clear and easily understandable to others.
- Assist in the selection of textbooks, as needed
- Be available to develop/revise/update curriculum materials, as needed
- Represent college with professionalism at all times
- Maintain, follow, and enforce school policies and procedures
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain a welcoming classroom atmosphere to prospective students
- Ensure excellent customer service and professionalism to all current and prospective students and co-workers from all departments at all times
- Maintain a professional personal appearance and exercise good personal hygiene
- Ability to provide a safe, positive, caring, and stimulating learning environment
- Maintain a professional classroom and lab environment; simulate the workplace environment
- Understanding of educational environments including the needs of adult learners
- Knowledge and understanding of professional career paths for which students are enrolled
- Exhibit motivation, dedication, and enthusiasm for teaching; demonstrate a caring attitude toward students
- Overtime as required by supervisor - may include: evenings, weekend, or holidays