The Accounts Payable Accountant - Accounts Payable supports the Finance department with general accounting, reconciliation and administrative duties; performs all accounts payable duties; and assists with audit preparation and support. This position works under the supervision of the Assistant Controller.
1. Manage all aspects of the accounts payable process in accordance with Agency policies; maintain vendor relationships and files, code invoices for accurate general ledger expense account posting, enter invoices into general ledger, process and mail weekly checks, resolve all vendor disagreements, dispute late penalties and fees, and reconcile vendor accounts.
2. Prepare journal entries and maintain account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process, including:
a. Accounts payable accrual
b. Prepaid expenses
d. Other balance sheet accounts
3. Proactively maintain and follow-up on open purchase orders.
4. Actively participate in enhancements to the accounts payable process; suggest and implement best practices to improve controls and efficiencies.
5. Maintain all 1099 vendor documentation and prepare annual Form 1099 submissions.
6. Maintain approved vendor listing, including new vendor forms and documentation.
7. Maintain the Agency’s corporate card expense reports including:
• tracking of monthly expense reports
• reviewing cardholder expense reports for accurate coding
• running reports from online expense reporting portal, preparing and uploading monthly journal entries
8. Track and analyze expenses; monitor account balances to ensure accuracy.
9. Monitor and review monthly health center petty cash reconciliations.
10. Review and reconcile daily cash receipts from all health centers.
11. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.