Sr. Systems Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer sought to join the Infrastructure team. You will work in an innovative and growing organization and use your IT skills to develop scalable solutions. This candidate should have an expert technical foundation in areas of systems, virtualization, networking, SAN storage, and Cisco UCS. This person will be performing a major datacenter consolation project that requires senior level knowledge of Microsoft OS, VMware, Cisco, Linux, Citrix, and Compellent. This candidate will have expert knowledge of MPLS networks and corporate multi-layer networks. Strong knowledge of Linux is a must due to our core applications. Heavy knowledge of Active directory will be needed to consolidate multiple domains. Application and server monitoring with the ability troubleshooting hardware, software and network related problems. This position also requires contributing to a team oriented support environment with strong communication and troubleshooting skills while managing tickets and escalating support in a professional environment.
• Datacenter consolidation using VMware platform.
• Design and deploy new systems and enhancements to existing hardware, applications and operating systems such as Microsoft Server, Linux. Citrix.
• Experience with troubleshooting/diagnosing Active Directory issues such as replication, time synchronization, Kerberos, trusts and overall domain controller health.
• Heavy knowledge of AD Forest upgrades and migrations from multiple forests into one.
• Experience with Advanced Group Policy Management
• Advanced knowledge of PowerShell scripting in the datacenter and corporate environments.
• Citrix administration including review of problem/performance issues and identification/ implementation of solutions associated with the Citrix technologies.
• Maintain and administer corporate and datacenter networks (Cisco, HP, Sonicwall), VMware 4.X/ 5.X, and storage infrastructures using Compellent SAN.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity problems, including user access and systems configuration.
• Configures hardware and software for the corporate and datacenter environments.
• Performs maintenance and release upgrades on a timely basis.
• Maintain and administer backup systems and document all backup policies
• Creates and maintains documentation.
• Keeps technical management informed about progress, problems, and activities.
• Keeps peers informed about changes, improvements, etc. that might affect them.
• Must be willing to mentor other Engineering Team members
• Citrix skills a must
• MCITP, VCP, CCNA a plus