GENERAL SCOPE: To properly maintain the grounds of the campus in a safe, attractive and appealing fashion.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Schedule and perform all work relating to the grounds maintenance and up-keep. This includes, but is not limited to, mowing, trimming, weeding, planting, fertilizing, inspecting, snow removal, ice control and other tasks outside of the building.
* Safely and properly operate and maintain all equipment and tools used to fulfill the duties of this position.
* Maintain accurate records of work performed on the grounds.
* Will be expected to perform basic mechanical repairs on lawn equipment when needed and ask the Supervisor for additional support.
* Completes various lawn equipment and building repairs in a workman like manner and produce quality results.
* Inspects the sewer grinder vault on a daily basis and reports problems to the Maintenance Team Leader. Pumps water from the vault as needed.
* Recognize and identify, at an early stage, disease, insects or other problems with trees, shrubs, turf, flowers and other plant materials. Report problems and follow through on the control of such problems.
* Plan and perform work on small to mid-sized projects.
* Perform minor repairs to blacktop and sidewalks. Report problems for further repairs.
* Maintain accurate inventory of materials, supplies and parts.
* Assist with the semi-annual physical inventory.
* Complete all required paperwork and records for the department.
* When assigned by the Maintenance Team Leader will assist the Facility Services staff on projects inside the building. Staffing needs, job priority and the Supervisor’s discretion will determine the work area.
* Act in a professional manner at all times.
* Work with tradesmen, mechanics or other staff as assigned.
* Carry the on-call pager during the snow season.
* Keep all work areas neat, clean, well-organized and safe at all times. This includes any place work is performed.
* Wears/uses proper safety equipment when using any power tools, striking tools, chemicals, working overhead or at any time a task is performed where there is a remote possibility of any injury or death. Insures co-workers and bystanders are also protected prior to beginning any work. If safety requirements are not known, work is not to begin until safety training has been given.
* Make suggestions to Team Leader and Supervisor on technique, tools, materials, etc. to improve the quality and quantity of work.
* Works non-routine hours to facilitate the completion of projects.
* Follows all prescribe OSHA safety regulations relating to this position.