This position requires the clinical knowledge and experience that demonstrates the ability to execute local and regional strategies based on affiliate and national priorities, managing multiple projects, and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and program implementers.
A Bachelor''s degree in nursing, healthcare administration or equivalent is required; Master''s degree in nursing, healthcare administration or equivalent is preferred.
Professional experience must include a minimum of two years of clinical nursing experience and/or hospital quality improvement experience with demonstrated understanding of patient care and/or clinical quality or process improvement management in an acute care hospital. Relevant experience with a national cardiac clinical quality improvement program that incorporates clinical data capture within a process improvement framework will also be considered.
1. Knowledge of heart disease and/or stroke also a plus.
2. Knowledge of the operating methods and ethics of voluntary, non-profit organizations and health care delivery system professionals.
3. Ability to learn new software applications.
4. Results driven with the ability to multi task
5. Willing and able to travel in required territory at least 50% of the time. Some overnight travel will be needed.
6. Valid driver''s license, proof of at least minimum state required automobile liability insurance and ability and willingness to travel as position demands.
7. Satisfactory background checks including consumer credit, motor vehicle, and criminal history.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefit package which included: comprehensive health benefits, retirement plan with generous employer contributions, 12 paid holidays per year, paid time off, flexible spending accounts and a Fit-Friendly work environment.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
The American Heart Association will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, marital status or based on political or religious opinions or affiliations, membership or non-membership in employee organizations