TEACHERS…making a difference in a child’s life is the most rewarding experience one can have during their professional career. We are shaping our next generation with love, energy, and an enthusiasm for learning. If you are passionate about the field of Early Childhood Education (ECE) and enjoy on-going training, and you have a sincere desire to cultivate our next generation of children, we have a position for you!
We have part-time, full-time and substitute openings for our child development centers in Elk Grove!
There are five expectations we have of our teacher(s):
- Teachers create developmentally appropriate activities based on the interests of children supported by foundations in child development theory, Reggio Emilia and High Scope
- Teachers keep children safe and healthy by connecting proper supervision, authentic interactions and practicing good health habits
- Teachers create and take responsibility for exciting and enriched environments connected to curriculum and quality learning experiences
- Teachers work collaboratively with each other connecting our work place values, education and experience to provide the highest quality care and creative workplaces.
- Teachers provide excellent customer service. Creating and maintaining authentic connections to our families, school, community and each other.
Success in this position is defined as proactively supporting the center’s effort toward achieving and/or maintaining NAEYC accreditation. The following are some of the responsibilities regarding facilitating child learning and development through developmentally appropriate curriculums and activities in accordance with CDI's philosophy:
- Provide for the health and safety of the children at all times.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with co-workers/teammates to ensure the best quality program and services.
- Develop and maintain a clean, safe, pleasant, and enriched environment.
This personal commitment also involves communicating and actively listening to the needs of our children, parents, and staff member with a customer service attitude. Other responsibilities include showing a willingness to explore and build on others’ ideas; sharing information within ones own team and across the centers within the region; open to new ways of thinking and working while learning from your experiences; demonstrating sensitivity and empathy towards others; setting priorities for tasks in order of importance; and not loosing sight of the most important role you have—providing a safe and educational experience for every child. Finally, you will be a role model within your center and community.