Who We Are
The mission of USI is to be the leading distributor of fully integrated risk management, health and welfare and financial services solutions to the middle market. We are focused on having a passionate client-centric culture, balanced with our responsibilities to our employees, carrier partners and shareholders. USI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
USI was founded in 1994 when the first acquisition was made in California. The Company grew significantly over the next several years. In October 2002, the Company went public on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “USIH”. It then moved its corporate headquarters from San Francisco, CA to Westchester County, NY and continued to grow significantly. Today, we are a privately held company with $800 million in revenue across almost 100 offices in 26+ states. USI remains dedicated to upholding its founding principles of providing value-added service and the most attractive cost and coverage combination for a wide range of insurance solutions.
Additional information about USI may be found at www.usi.biz.
USI is Equally Committed to Its Employees
We offer our employees an exciting and dynamic environment in which to work with growth potential. We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, when our employees join USI, they join a family of co-workers who support each other through USI-only programs, such as USI Cares, USI Educates, USI Peak, USI Summit and more.
Responsibilities (include but not exclusive to the following):
Use your strong Customer Service skills and insurance knowledge to service, retain and account round existing and new multi-state clients according to USI’s best practices and standards. Working with a large book of business in a fast-paced, highly-automated and strong team environment, your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Interfacing with customers via telephone, written correspondence, fax, and/or electronic mail to respond to inquiries and answer insurance related questions
- Actively listening and identifying clients needs or requests/concerns that are related to their personal insurance needs
- Using interpersonal communication skills to engage and develop relationships with USI’s clients and carrier underwriters
- Serving as a training resource and mentor to others, particularly new hires. Sharing best practices and offering suggestions for achieving company goals
- Maintaining strong knowledge of all company products and features to assess risks and make quality underwriting decisions