Paramount Staffing currently has a position available for a Certified Athletic Trainer!
Employees in this position are required to proficiently perform any combination of the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
- Escorts patients to exam area and prep for exam
- Obtain patient history and order x-rays
- Schedule diagnostic studies, surgery and obtain pre-certs for same
- Prepare and assist/injections/aspirations
- Prepare specimen for lab and complete required forms
- Application/removal of casts, splints, braces
- Perform dressing changes and removal of sutures/staples
- Cleaning/preparing instruments for sterilization
- Assisting with minor office procedures
- Maintaining stock within modules
- Providing patients with educational materials
- Ensuring OSHA compliance
- Preparing Rx for signature
- Will work closely with physician to coordinate all clinic and OR schedules
- Will be responsible for all patient phone calls of a clinical nature, insuring proper documentation of such, to include phoning in Rx to pharmacy on MD request/approval
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Knowledge of: Medical practice and care to assist in providing quality patient care. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Required Skills: Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed, as well as in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public; and have excellent communications skills.
Required Abilities: Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Work Experience: Minimum of one year experience in orthopaedics/sports injuries.
Licensing and/or Certifications: Certified as an athletic trainer.
Salary Commensurate with experience!!
**Please know substance abuse screenings are a condition of initial and continued employment. Also, please review the experience and educational requirements of an available position to confirm you meet the required minimum qualifications before applying for the job.