Responsible for supervising and coordinating all activities of press technicians and Leads. This position is the main communication link between management and the technician.
Primary Responsibilities: Safety, Quality, and Cost, Productivity
1. Observe and follow UNIPRES rules and regulations.
2. Conduct safety meetings on a regular schedule as required.
3. Report safety issues to the Section Manager and Assistant Manager. Investigate issues and initiate countermeasures.
CordinateWorktro with Safety Engineer to correct safety issues.
4. Accidents must be fully investigated with countermeasures and documentation on an accident report within 24 hours of the accident.
5. Responsible for technician Lock Out / Tag Out floor training and assure all procedures are followed.
6. Maintain a satisfactory 3S level by general housekeeping.
7. Inspect safety devices per "Safety Checklist."
1. Relays part specifications to technicians and coordinates with Quality Control.
2. Responsible for containment of scrap quantity produced and correct report and disposal.
3. Responsible for rework quantity documentation of, cause and corrective action.
4. Review, identify and implement countermeasures.
5. Insure technicians are following inspection requirements.
6. Verify all equipment process changes and/or part changes. Coordinate with Quality Control Department.
7. Gauge Parts
1. Develop cost reduction activities for scope of position within individual department.
2. Quantify scrap and implement improvement activities.
3. Monitor proper usage of plant wide utilities. Example open doors, lights.
4. Maintain productivity at highest level. SPM(Strokes Per Minute) tracking for each die and Work cell arrangement.
5. Identify and eliminate waste. Examples: Mat. oil usage. Press oil leakage.
6. Control usage or indirect material.
1. Meet production schedule.
2. Monitor BLK and Die availability.
3. Monitor support group activities within the area and report problems.
1. Lead by example in attendance, quality, attitude and accountability.
2. Hold a 5-7 minute pre-shift meeting at a specific meeting point with work group to check attendance, make work assignments and pass along company information to all technicians.
3. Maintain employee's Time and Attendance as outlined by IS Department.
4. Recommends or initiates corrective action, as outlined in the Code of Conduct. Coordinate with Human Resources Department to make sure corrective actions are completed
in a timely manner.
5. Responsible for training new employees / transfers.
6. Analyze and resolve work problems and assist workers in solving work problems.
7. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required, or assigned by Supervisor.
8. Make work assignments within area, and be the main communication link between management and techs.
9. Act as the first step in analyzing and resolving employee problems. Communication with HR Department to resolve employee concerns is essential.
10. Use the practices of fair and consistent treatment to all subordinates in all situations.
11. Provide work supplies for technicians.