Minimum Requirements at time of application:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have completed at least 60 hours of college credits or 3 years of active duty or reserve military duty or 5 years of prior police experience
- Possess an honorable military discharge (if applicable)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The starting salary is: $48,715. After 18 months of service, it increases to $53,300.
Police Officer candidates must successfully pass a written examination, a physical ability test, and a thorough background investigation that includes a medical examination, drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph examination.
Family Health and Dental Packages
Overtime and Duty compensation Pay
Accrued Annual & Sick Leave
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Applications can be submitted on-line through our web site joinmpd.dc.gov
For civilian positions within MPDC call (202) 727-4261 or joinmpd.dc.gov under “Civilian Employee."