We’re coming up with ways to build the world’s most incredible cranes; we’re thinking outside the box to design efficient and reliable equipment components; and we’re bringing innovation to life each and every day with dreamers like you.
As a Senior Hydraulic Engineer at Manitowoc Cranes*, you’ll have the opportunity to plan, direct, coordinate and control the engineering effort directly related to the assigned area of responsibility or special assignment. In addition, assist Manager in coordinating and controlling group activities as required. Reporting directly to the Manager of Engineering, this position is located in Manitowoc, WI, on the shores of Lake Michigan.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide technical support and leadership in area(s) of assigned responsibility including material selection, structural requirements, tolerances, aesthetics, and testing.
• Plan, direct and control engineering effort directly related to assigned projects, including establishing program criteria, planning and scheduling.
• Work with suppliers to validate product designs meets Manitowoc specifications.
• Prepare project development criteria in accordance with management objectives.
• Maintain close contact and coordinate activities with other groups within the product Engineering Department.
• Assist other departments in preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects.
• Supervise work of assigned resources including internal or external contractors.
• Ability to perform job functions in a safe manner. Successfully complete all safety training required by the time constraints set by governmental regulations. Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required by company policy for the job being performed.