Medical Director - PhD / PharmD - Medical Communications Director
is currently seeking a qualified Medical Director
to join our team in the greater Chicago area, or the greater Philadelphia area. The Medical Director works remotely out of their home office, with frequent travel that will be required to the client’s office. Symbiotix
offers a highly competitive salary based on experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
The Medical Director
plans, develops, and oversees the creation of strategic content for pharmaceutical and health care marketing communications materials which may be delivered through a variety of print and electronic media outlets to include newsletters, articles, slide presentations, eLearning platforms, and web applications. The Medical Communications Director
will interface with client groups, daily supporting assigned accounts by providing clinical expertise and leadership, and will gain a thorough understanding of the scope and expectations of each project.
- Assumes full leadership of clinical aspect during strategic planning and project meetings with internal and client teams, gathering information and assessing client expectations on assigned initiatives, connecting science with strategy
- Plans, develops, writes and edits materials as assigned. Supervises and mentors other in house and contract medical writing resources, delegating assignments and revising returned copy to ensure consistency and cohesion of scope and message prior to submission to Editorial Services Manager
- Collaborates with internal and client parties to help identify creative solutions, and to constantly improve the level of fulfillment of client vision; contributes significantly to timeline and resource planning to meet deliverable milestones
- Creates slideshow presentations and speaker notes, print media and other supporting program materials; communicates with involved parties to ensure that participants have necessary information in advance of events
- Takes ownership of client relationship, partnering with account teams to build confidence in Symbiotic service offerings; exhibits a professional image and demeanor, demonstrating adaptability and a dedication to exceptional client service, assisting with resolution of concerns related to assigned areas
- Conducts research on assigned topics and secures references