Michael Baker International (Baker) is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Manager with 20+ years of experience in the planning, design, permitting and construction of water and wastewater facilities including:
- Wastewater treatment plant upgrades
- CSO storage and treatment facilities
- Large diameter conveyance and distribution systems
- Underground storage tunnels
- Large capacity pumping stations
- Experience with water treatment plant design and operation is a plus
Roles and Responsibilities: Individual will serve as a Senior Technical Manager for large, complex capital improvement projects with a significant dollar value while serving as a part of the client relationship team for Baker’s key water and wastewater clients. Responsibilities will include:
1) Serve as the technical expert for water, wastewater and wet weather projects.
2) Serve as the technical lead by planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating integrated project teams supported by technical task leaders from multiple practices and sub-consultants, as needed in the execution of major capital improvement programs within the region.
3) Maintain positive interaction with our clients, partners, subconsultants and other project stakeholders.
4) Maintain an understanding of regulations including EPA Consent Decrees and external drivers that may affect our clients.
5) Assist clients with acquiring grants and funding streams related to water and wastewater projects.
6) Responsible for overall project delivery and administrative and operational leadership.
7) Assist in supporting business planning and new revenue development, cultivation of client relationships, marketing Baker to various clients, identifying opportunities, drafting/preparing proposals for response to client RFPs.
8) Program management functions associated with financial performance of the program and projects and other tasks associated with project/program management while monitoring each project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
Travel may be required depending on project sites or other work responsibilities.