This is a challenging and rewarding position to make a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
Provides support and assistance to people served with developmental disabilities in their own home. Assists people served in expanding their opportunities to participate in community life as they choose. Assists people in learning new skills and having new life experiences.
1. Insure the individual’s health and safety while pursuing community opportunities for personal growth.
2. Work proactively to achieve outcomes identified in the individual’s ISP.
3. Assist the person served in personal and household maintenance.
4. Assist the person served in accessing community resources, shopping, and recreational activities.
5. Administer medication and assist the nurse in meeting client’s health care needs.
6. Assist the person served to acquire, retain or improve skills as identified in the ISP.
7. Complete necessary documentation accurately and on time (ex., data tracker, red books, med sheets goal sheets, etc.).
Attend required meetings, i.e., house meetings, staff meetings, client ISP meetings, etc.
Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
Maintain documentation, certification and training as required to comply with federal, state and program requirements and standards.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply