Allied Search Partners
Histology Supervisor (Healthcare Sciences / Medical Laboratory)
Allied Search Partners is the national expert of laboratory recruitment. We are looking for experienced Histotechnicians or Histotechnologists to fill a Histology Supervisor role located near Washington, D.C. Founded in 2008, Allied Search Partners is a contingent recruitment firm specializing in the placement of talented laboratory professionals at hospitals, laboratories, and healthcare facilities across the nation.
Taking the right step requires the right opportunity, Allied Search Partners can help! Our talent management professionals know what it takes to advance your career. Our highly skilled recruiters treat each candidate with compassion and dignity. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the healthcare sciences field as a laboratory technologist, we want to talk to you!
Histology Supervisor - Healthcare Sciences (Histology Technician / Technologist)
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/alliedsearchpartners/en-us/
Position: Histology Supervisor
Schedule: M-F; 11am – 7:30pm
Location: Herndon, VA area; just outside of Washington D.C.
To apply: Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of facility is given at this time.
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
The Histology Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of laboratory personnel engaged in preparing histologic slides from human tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by Pathologist.
- Supervises the daily operations of the histology department and personnel to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and established procedures.
- Assists the Manager in developing, implementing, revising, interpreting, and enforcing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), company policies and procedures, and service standards.
- Advises Manager of problems and concerns in the department and laboratory.
- Compiles data and prepares reports and may work on special assigned projects.
- Assists Manager with budgetary requirements for staffing, purchasing supplies, and procurement of equipment, financial report preparation, and monitoring and adhering to the departmental budget.
- Assists Manager in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, orienting, training, monitoring, evaluating, and supervising assigned personnel, delegates work activities, and recommends merit increases, promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Performs all necessary functions required of a Histology Technician including:
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates the proper storage of hazardous materials and the laboratory safety program.
- Examines slides and/or blocks to ensure tissue preparation is meeting laboratory requirements.
- Performs and documents daily quality control and quality assurance measures,
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue), embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass slides), from surgical procedures.
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and immunohistochemistry stains, as requested by a Pathologist.
- Operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study by Pathologist.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.