Allied Search Partners is currently looking for a qualified applicant for a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist to work as the Lead/Senior Technologist or Technician in New Mexico. Know someone for this position? We pay you $$ for any of your referrals that we place in a position.
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Position: Histotech (Lead/Senior)
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Schedule: Monday-Friday 6am-3pm & 9am-6pm (2 weeks on 6a-3p and 2 weeks on 9a-6p) Rotating.
Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of the facility is given at this time.
1. We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
2. Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
3. Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
4. Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
5. We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
• Histology Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor
• The lead/senior histology technician performs the necessary procedures for technical processing of anatomical pathology specimens referred to the lab and covers the supervisory duties in the absence of the Histology Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor in as far as maintaining the flow of work in the lab but does not include disciplinary action. This individual must possess the level of skill necessary to assure proper gross dissection of specimens very important to clinical decisions made by the pathologists.
Job Duties (other duties may be assigned)
• Responsible for supervisory decisions in the absence of the histology supervisor.
• Preparation of slides for pathologist evaluation.
• Assist pathologists with frozen sections, bone marrows, and fine needle aspirates.
• Embedding of tissues.
• Trim tissue blocks.
• Cut tissue blocks (obtain sections of tissue).
• Stain tissue sections (slides).
• Cover slip sections (slides).
• Label slides.
• Trouble shoot slide preparation issues.
• Preparation and performance of special stains, including quality control.
• Trouble shooting all lab procedures.
• Know how to operate, clean and maintain lab equipment.
• Keep daily QC records for all laboratory equipment.
• File tissue blocks daily.
• Go to on-site storage for supplies as needed.
• Accession specimens as needed.
• Prepare specimens for grossing as well as dictate/gross in specimens.
• Disposal of waste tissue when retention date is met.
• All aspects of sending out cases/unstained slides for consultation and/or testing.