Training and EXPERIENCE:
AND · Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, counseling, behavioral health, or related field; and two (2) years of supervised clinical experience, plus be a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (LISAC) or a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) in any state, plus three (3) years of clinical training experience.
- Current Arizona license LISAC, LPC, LCSW or LMFT preferred.
- Successful work history with Indian populations and or other ethnic groups preferred.
- Licensing REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s license.
- Must have a current Level 1 Arizona Clearance Card or be able to obtain the Level 1 Arizona Clearance Card within ninety (90) days of hire. Failure to maintain a current Level 1 Clearance Card will result in removal from this position.
- Must provide at least three (3) business related reference letters.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
- Funding and sensitivity of position will determine fingerprinting requirement.
Applicants and employees may be subject to criminal background and character investigation in accordance with applicable federal laws including, but not limited to: Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act (25 U.S.C. Section 3201), Minimum Standards of Character and Suitability for Employment (25 CFR 63), Section 231 of the Crime Control Act (P.L. 101-647), and Child Care Worker Employee Background Checks (42 U.S.C Section 13041).
Tribal Vehicle Use Policy Notice:
This position may require the use of personal, GSA or Tribal vehicle for Tribal business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for Tribal business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a Tribal vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
Positions in this class typically require: finger dexterity, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not intended to determine specific duties and responsibilities or restrict management’s right to assign or reassign, direct the work of employees under their supervision. Essential functions may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.