Services Engineering Program Manager
Location(s): US, Remote
Epicor…Our Mission: Be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers.
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and large enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability.
Epicor is recognized as “visionary" for completing the convergence of multiple ERP products together to create a comprehensive, 100% SOA-based solution. This strategy has enabled Epicor to continually adapt to the latest technologies available, while allowing customers to protect their investment. Utilizing Web services, Epicor helps businesses rapidly respond to change, adjust for growth, and maintain their competitive advantage on a local, regional, or global scale.
With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional, and global business demand.
Services Engineering is a growing area of Epicor’s Professional Services group, dedicated to the premise of extending the existing Epicor ERP products to provide packaged “outcomes" for new and existing customers. Whether the outcome is a faster deployment in a specific industry vertical through the use of pre-packaged industry-specific solutions, or an add-on package offered later in the customer’s lifecycle to facilitate better functionality, such as faster inventory processing or industry-specific reporting packages, the deliverables would all be developed using the existing Epicor ERP toolset.
The Services Engineering Program Manager also works closely with Professional Services delivery resources to review completed projects for intellectual property that may be applicable for other projects. All solutions from these project reviews or from new developments, is then evaluated and “packaged" by the Services Engineering team and the Professional Services Marketing team. Solutions are finalized for distribution by the Services Engineering team and then rolled back out to the field.
• Customer Project Review: Services Engineering Program Manager debriefs with project delivery staff to discuss the solution delivered to the customer. A project review report is written that highlights key deliverables, project profitability, and lessons learned.
• Solution Design Review. Services Engineering and marketing staff meet to determine if the solution has any potential to be resold to other customers.
• Intellectual Property Capture: If the solution has merit, Services Engineering works with the delivery staff to capture all relevant solution intellectual property such as project plans, tools, reports, etc. While the Services Engineering team does not create the actual content for the offering, they manage the collection of the content from the intellectual property owners.
• Solution Development. Services Engineering obtains input from customers and consultants regarding needs and desired outcomes using the Epicor ERP product. An ad-hoc team of experts is formed, and creates a formal delivery toolkit. Services Engineering is also responsible for ensuring all necessary training is available for services delivery resources.
• Solution Marketing: Services Engineering works closely with Professional Services Marketing to create Cue Cards, Fact Sheets, PowerPoint presentations and Webcasts for new standard offerings.
• Sales Support. Services Engineering adds new offerings to the Professional Services Statement of Work and supports initial sales opportunities.
• Solution Evaluation. Standard offerings are reviewed and improved based on additional customer implementations and feedback from Professional Services delivery resources.
Other projects include:
• Management of the creation and maintenance of Signature Methodology tools, templates and documents.
• Ownership of the content displayed on Customer Web Sites and Customer SharePoint Project Control Centers.