Under limited supervision, the Healthcare Analyst performs acquisition, validation, warehousing, and analysis of data, with particular focus on survey, case review, medical and prescription drug claims, eligibility, and related absence, disease management, and disability data. The Healthcare Analyst will also assist in designing statistical analysis plans, case selection criteria, and reporting parameters. Initially, the Healthcare Analyst’s primary project responsibility will be analytic support on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) MIDS (Measure & Instrument Development and Support) Proposal, Development, Maintenance and Support of Hospital Clinical Quality Measures for ARRA HITECH.
1. Proficient in evaluating a wide array of data types, including survey, case review, medical and prescription drug claims, and eligibility data.
2. Proficient in the use of SAS, conducting and interpreting primary analyses, conducting secondary and exploratory analyses, developing appropriate statistical models, determining sample sizes, manipulating complex databases, and tracking and evaluating patterns of care and outcomes.
3. Responsible for generating reports supported by tables and charts and variable text.
4. Upon request, performs critical review and synthesis of the health care literature.
5. Proficient in summarizing the primary literature with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Verifies and ensures the accuracy of all assigned tasks, including the documentation and validation of SAS and other programs. Identifies problem areas and develops effective solutions.
7. Attends and participates in team, project, staff, and training meetings. Ability to make presentations and communicate project results to staff. Represents HSAG in a professional manner at all times.