HFI, LLC is a Tier 2 Supplier of cut & sew, foam in place, foam, wrapped sub-assemblies to the Tier 1 interior suppliers within the North American automotive and heavy truck markets. The company is privately owned and operates six manufacturing facilities: two in Ohio, three in Mexico and one in Alabama. The company currently employs approximately 3,000 people.
The Inventory Control Analyst will report directly to the Warehouse and Inventory Control Supervisor. The Inventory Control Analyst will interact and work with a cross functional team to include but not limited to Production Supervisors, Production Line Leads, Production Controllers, Material Planners, Order Entry Analysts, Quality Technicians, Engineering and Accounting. A team of Cycle Counters reports to this position.
The primary responsibility of the Inventory Control Analyst is to lead the inventory control in daily cycle counting and physical inventory process, development of cycle counting inaccuracy root cause analysis and countermeasure development. This position requires a blend of skills and experience that are specifically focused on inventory management of several thousand raw materials, WIP, and finished goods within two manufacturing sites.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Direct cycle counting team
- Develop cycle counting team through on-job training, both internal and external
- Effectively communicate with applicable business functions concerning inventory management
- Ensures that the Ohio Intra-company transfers have been properly recorded and processed
- Enters and/or verifies scrap information
- Coordination of physical inventories to included communication, recruiting preparation, training, physical counting, and accountability
- Analyze, development and coordination of all assigned tasks relating to inventory control for raw materials, cut items, sewn items, scrap and finished goods
- Maintain inventory cycle count and physical programs
- Manage cycle count and auditing processes including problem identification and resolution of root cause to count or audit variances
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly audits and prepare month end reporting
- Solve process issues in a timely manner by interacting with the appropriate departments
- Use the Macola system and other related tools (crystal) to develop reports that can be used by the Production, Materials and Shipping & Receiving departments to monitor and control inventory
- Coordinate with IT department to develop inventory reports for inventory analysis
- Identify and report obsolete, surplus, or excess inventory and assist with disposition
- Update, revise, and enforce work instructions and operation manuals for the department
- Work effectively with the production and materials planners to communicate required material and production changes
- Monitor data entry and scanning transactions, report errors and take corrective action
- Develop and establish standard policies to ensure that all inventories are adequately controlled
- Identify and report on recurring issues that drive inventory discrepancies and recommend and implement corrective actions to avoid recurrence of the same
- Compile, maintain and analyze inventory reports
- Ensure detailed and accurate computer record keeping is maintained at all times
- Ensure smooth operations in handling flow of materials both into and from warehouse and production floor
- Issues inventory out of quality hold location in Macola.