Full time opportunity available for a dental assistant to work for our Federally Qualified Health Centers in Perth Amboy and Newark NJ. Hours may vary.The JRMC is a great place to work in a team environment. Job duties to include:
1. Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist.
2. Serves as dentists chair side assistant.
3. Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental Department protocols and the dentists directions.
4. Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocols.
5. Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directive and protocol.
6. Maintains Dental Department equipment I accordance with manufacturers directions and Dental Department policy and protocol.
7. Maintains all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department directives and protocols as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues. Sterilization of instruments that follow the infection control policy.
8. Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
9. Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and filed.
10. Pulls and files patient charts as required.