Position: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Plant Manager
We are a California-based designer and manufacturer of paper bottles. The headquarters is located in the San Francisco East Bay area. We have a very dynamic and close knit team. We work hard but have fun.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading and supporting reliability within the operation. This Manager will be a technical resource that provides and shares expertise of equipment, options to improve maintenance and operating practices, and opportunities to advance use the of technology. This role will be responsible for managing numerous reliability improvement, equipment installation & upgrade initiatives and projects to achieve improved productivity. The role will actively interface with all levels of the organization within the facility and groups outside the facility. The Maintenance Manager will be required to manage a team of Maintenance Technicians.
- Diagnose malfunctioning equipment such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using electrical test equipment and senses such as visual observation, and sense of smell
- Replace damaged or broken equipment, wires and cables, using hand tools
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by practicing GMP and wearing appropriate company supplied PPEs, attending safety meetings/trainings, reading safety bulletins and memos, and being aware at all times of potential safety hazards in work areas
- Comply with all company GMP policies
- Communicate, discuss and share information about equipment malfunctions with plant manager and team leads to develop and implement a corrective action plan
- Observe functionality of installed equipment and systems to detect mechanical, electrical or operational hazards to determine the need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
- Troubleshoot machine center and operational problems by diagnosing if problem is mechanical, electrical, and operational or raw material related
- Assign PM (preventive maintenance) work orders as needed to staff
- Use schematics, blueprints, and diagrams to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment or process related issues and problems
- Calculate output ratios for motors and gearboxes
- Generate work orders that identify and outline proper repair of equipment
- Perform line changes as per line change documentation
- Perform minor repairs, such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches, using hand tools
- Plan layout and installation of wiring and electrical equipment and systems
- Use Windows software applications such as MS Office
- Lift, position, and fasten objects, such as wiring, conduits, and motors
- Attend company provided technical and vendor training, in-house and off-site, during business hours
- Plan new or modify existing system layout(s) for equipment by identifying specific mechanical or electrical components, location, and functionality and safety requirements
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using tools, such as hacksaws, pipe threaders, and conduit benders in accordance to National Electric Code (NEC) and all local codes and ordinances
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, or a related technical field
- Minimum of five (5) years reliability experience with industrial equipment and/or manufacturing systems
- corrugated/paperboard packaging industry VERY highly preferred!!!!!
- Must be a hands on team player with electromechanical skills.
- Industry experience is a plus, but MUST understand how to fix equipment, set up new equipment, and make sure plant is running smoothly.
- Must have experience in leading improvement efforts in Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, and have experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem solving tools.
- Experience with capital project management
- Must work safely, as well as promote and enforce safe work practices
- Intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with manufacturing methods and continuous improvement processes
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Project proficiency
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Manufacturing System (CMMS)
- Continued education in reliability applications, practices and management
- Knowledge of maintenance best practices and approaches utilized in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP)
- Knowledge of International Standardization Organization (ISO) standards related to manufacturing
- Experience working on packaging lines
- Knowledge of solid-state electronics including PLC’s
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Ability to apply and teach Reliability Centered Maintenance concepts, and effectively conduct training to advance the mill's overall knowledge of reliability
- A broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery, including conveyer systems, breakers, boilers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
- Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to learn new applications
- Function well as a team member, sharing workload with other mechanics and tradesmen to achieve common goals
- Experience with leading and managing others in department, communicating goals, success/opportunities, and acquiring additional talented team members.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing setting, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air-conditioned, unheated spaces
- Must be available to work unpredictable hours
- Must be able to stand on your feet at least 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
SALARY: $75,000 TO $85,000 Depending on Experience Up to 15k Options
Full Corporate Benefit….. Some relocation assistance available
Related Terms: Maintenance Manager, maintenance, management, GMP, preventive maintenance, repair of equipment, Engineering Degree, BSME, BSEE, BSIE, electromechanical, Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, continuous improvement processes, CMMS, mechanical machinery, electrical machinery, National Electrical Code, packaging, corrugated, paperboard packaging, Maintenance Manager, maintenance, management, GMP, preventive maintenance, repair of equipment, Engineering Degree, BSME, BSEE, BSIE, electromechanical, Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, continuous improvement processes, CMMS, mechanical machinery, electrical machinery, National Electrical Code, packaging, corrugated, paperboard packaging