What is required of me?
· Strong communication skills, customer service experience and customer service oriented . . . someone who is eager to help others and who smiles readily.
· You must be competent in basic math and know how to work with concepts such as percentages. In fact, if you decide to proceed, the first thing your Amscot recruiter will ask you to do is complete a basic math test without using a calculator.
· You must be comfortable being on your feet and moving around most of the day as well as able to lift and move up to 20lbs. This isn’t a desk job.
· If hired, you may be required to become a Notary at the company’s expense.
· If hired, you will be working in a secure area. For your protection you will only be allowed to enter and exit the secure area at the beginning or end of your shift. You must be comfortable with this. Meals and snacks must be brought with you at the beginning of your shift or ordered in. Exceptions are of course made if you have a family emergency to deal with.
· You must be a non-smoker and have no visible tattoos.
· High School Diploma or GED is required.
· We require that you take a drug test and undergo a criminal background screen.
· Because we are a financial institution handling customers’ money, we also run a credit check. We know that most people don’t have perfect credit – the odd late payment isn’t a problem, but more serious credit problems may prevent employment with Amscot.
· The first week of training is held, depending on where you live, at the Home Office in Tampa or at our Orlando Regional Training Center. Compliance with State and Federal Laws pertaining to our industries, money handling, security and other Amscot policies and procedures are taught during this time. There are daily quizzes and trainees must take and pass a final exam to continue their employment with Amscot.
· During Orientation Amscot requires all employees to sign a Non-Compete Agreement.
· Hopefully you will be assigned to a branch that is close to your home. However, depending on branch staffing needs, you may be assigned to a branch that is up to 25 miles away from your home.