Anchor Home Health Care has an immediate opening for Private Duty Nursing in Valparaiso & Gary, IN.
Anchor is a fully licensed, CHAP accredited home health care agency serving northern Indiana. Anchor’s mission is to be the leader in the provision of quality home health care services with uncompromising standards for excellence; to service the community with mission-outreach goals through home medical and support services. Anchor seeks to provide these services in the most timely manner and with an ongoing comprehensive quality control program, aimed
at achieving 100% client satisfaction.
Group Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision Plans
Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
For those who qualify
Full-Time or Part-Time nurses for private duty cases: A qualified professional RN/LPN who is responsible for Client Case Management including oversight of planning, coordination, and delivery of quality care services to the client in the home setting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
1.Evaluates/assesses the health care needs of the patient and makes recommendations for admission into agency services
2. Admits patient for services in the home health utilizing Anchor’s admission guidelines.
3. Develops and implements the plan of care for each patient, in cooperation with the patient’s physician and the professional disciplines providing services, addressing the patient’s specific needs, home situation, and family/household unit.
4. Re-evaluates and records the patient care needs of the acutely ill and/or chronically ill at each home visit and obtains necessary revisions from the patient’s physician as needed.
5. Communicates with and regularly updates the patient regarding his/her plan of care.
6. Provides skilled nursing services, treatments and procedures, and administers medications as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety, and in compliance with productivity standards.
7. Maintains a safe therapeutic environment for the patient.
8. Coordinates discharge planning and prepares discharge summaries and instructions.
9. Initiates emergency procedures when necessary.
10. Adheres to productivity requirements as defined by the office.
11. Provides case management for assigned primary care patients, as appropriate.
12. Reports observations of the patient’s condition to the designated registered nurse(s), and/or the patient’s physician, as appropriate and provides written summary reports to the physician.
1. Provides direct skilled nursing
2. Prepares equipment and material for treatment, practicing aseptic/sterile technique.
3. Assists patient in learning appropriate self care technique.
4. Re-evaluates and records the patient care needs of the acutely ill and/or chronically ill at patient encounter.
5.Commincates with and regularly updates the patient regarding his/her plan of care.
6. Administers medications as prescribed by a physician and permitted by law.
7. Collaborates with other service providers to discuss the patient plan of care.
8. Report observations of changes in patient's condition to the designated supervisor(s) and/or RN or patient's physician and takes and documents verbal orders as needed.
9. Observes, records, and reports (1) signs and symptoms; (2) reactions to treatments and medications; and (3) any change in the patient's physical or emotional condition in a timely basis.