1. Courteous, honest and professional at all times.
2. Ability to communicate and relate well with physicians and other clinical staff.
3. Can provide innovative input into the development of the office and its processes.
4. Maintains appropriate certification(s).
5. Efficient, organized and accurate.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer graduate from an accredited program for CMA or one year experience in a Medical Assistant role.
- Bilingual Spanish required.
- CPR certification required (must be obtained within 30 days of hire).
- Understands ethics of confidentiality.
- Previous computer experience or training in medical field preferred.
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by OSHA Guidelines.
Medical office environment. Multi-task oriented position including direct patient care may require sitting or standing for long periods. Some bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs). Must interact with physicians, patients and other office personnel. Must possess socio-economic and cultural sensitivity. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. Will involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to assist with procedures, perform and interpret lab results, and interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls and extensive patient interaction.
Schedules vary. May require overtime depending on patient volumes.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Confidentiality: As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices' confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient's condition, a patient's finances, proprietary company information, personnel salaries, and/or the practices' confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends. CONFIDENTIALITY IS SO IMPORTANT THAT ANY BREACH OF THIS POLICY WILL BE CONSIDERED GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment.
Successful drug screen and background check required for employment.