About G/O Digital, A Gannett Company (GCI)
Our Vision: To Transform Local Marketing
We help businesses, big & small #WinLocal. For Small and Medium Sized Businesses (SMBs), G/O Digital is a one-stop-shop for local businesses looking to connect with consumers through digital marketing. For National Brands and Agencies, we transform content into commerce. The G/O Digital premise is simple: whether you’re a big brand marketer or local business owner, we deliver a simple suite of digital marketing solutions to connect with consumers locally in a meaningful, personal way that drives measureable results.
G/O Digital, offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture in a growing division of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), an international media and marketing solutions company that reaches more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties
More about G/O Digital
See the G/O Digital Announcement in Ad Age
Success at G/O Digital requires the following personal attributes:
• You have a passion for digital marketing, innovation & start-up culture.
• You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
• You’re a change agent: see ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle, thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking.
• You’re a problem solver: make things happen & work well with others to build constructive & effective relationships
• You seek initiative: volunteer readily; undertake self-development activities; seek increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks.
• You’re detail-oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
• You have the intellectual curiosity to surface insights & implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
This role is based in Phoenix. The ideal G/O Digital Digital Marketing Consultant is passionate, outgoing, and an exceptional sales person who is comfortable calling on local businesses to consult on digital marketing solutions. You have an understanding or strong interest in digital marketing—when you see acronyms like SEO and PPC/SEM, you’re thinking endless solutions. Plus, you love Social and understand how social media can be a powerful marketing tool for SMBs.
The right person for this role will have the ability to understand and identify client needs. Your enthusiasm for online advertising will shine through the phone when calling on businesses. You are competitive, ambitious, and persistent—in other words, you welcome a challenge. We are looking for someone with a dedication and willingness to be trained and coached into sales victory.
Job Responsibilities: The Position
- Making 75+ outbound cold calls per day
- Drive full sales cycle, from prospecting for new business to closing a high volume of sales
- Establish a consistent pipeline of local businesses to target for digital products on a daily basis via lead generation
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis
- Deliver compelling presentations and product demonstrations that highlight G/O Digital’s competitive advantages and superior marketing ROI for prospects/clients
- Embrace and stay updated on industry news, competition and consumer trends – thus, being the SMB/ Marketing resident expert
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
- 1-2 years of job experience with preference given to candidates with phone or prior selling experience
- Experience/interest in cold calling local businesses for marketing solutions
- Must be familiar with and have a passion for the digital world, especially social media
- Experience with/or passion for social commerce, daily deals and local businesses preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for sales
- Competitive/ strong desire to win
- Ability to quickly pick up on training and product knowledge
- Open to coaching and on-going education of products
- Excellent phone skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions for G/O Digital’s marketing solutions
- Knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
For the right candidate G/O Digital offers:
• A dynamic, entrepreneurial culture
• Competitive compensation & benefits
G/O Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.