State and Local Tax Manager - Chicago - 8663ID:
Tax Consulting - State and Local Tax Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
This position would coordinate, manage and oversee the State and Local Tax (SALT) work and be a resource for other State and Local Tax compliance and consulting projects.Responsibilities:
Your role will include, as noted above, managing, coordinating and overseeing State and Local Tax work. It is anticipated that this position will help generate and uncover opportunities within existing office clients. You will be expected to manage client relationships, multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Formulate and deliver innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment.Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years income/franchise experience - preferably in public accounting.
- CPA or JD required.
- Ability to manage and grow strong client relationships.
- Effective writing, communication and tax research skills.
- Advanced degrees or certifications are a plus.
- Proven project and staff management a plus.
- Experience with tax technology a plus.