Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.
- Develops, implements and maintains system performance monitoring solutions, performance test strategies and plans, and reporting systems
- Participates in technical architecture discussions to determine the most appropriate scalable model taking into consideration high availability, failover and disaster recovery
- Serves as a subject matter expert to application engineering and other technical and business staff in planning the resource requirements for products under development
- Monitors, measures and reports production performance and reliability for customer facing products
- Assesses performance and reliability of software releases and configuration changes
- Identifies instrumentation requirements for assigned applications
- Performs highly complex capacity trending analysis and planning
- Gathers product usage projections and assesses impacts
- Provides capacity assessment support for business case and special project analysis
- Troubleshoots capacity/performance problems in all domains across a very broad base platform structure
- Develops key metrics for measuring and monitoring performance and capacity
- Provides in depth analysis of performance and capacity issues and brings forward solutions to address them
- Has ability to make decisions, sets priorities, or chooses goals on the basis of calculated inputs and outputs. Analyzes for business outcomes by considering costs and benefits. Takes calculated entrepreneurial risks by committing resources to increase benefits (e.g. improve performance, reach a challenging goal).
- Exhibits strong analytical thinking and weighs risks against benefits in the context of a strategic plan. Understands the “big picture” and related long-term issues when evaluating information or making decisions
- Exhibits outstanding teamwork skills and recognizes the expertise of others and the unique contributions provided by all kinds of people. Maintains “can do” and “must do” attitude in spites of obstacles. Views obstacles as opportunities to enhance capabilities.
- Has strong communications skills and can build and improve personal and group credibility with Business Partner by taking initiative to understand customer concerns and drives changes to address them. Builds trust and effective working relationships by solving ongoing concerns of the Business Partner.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written skills and ability to relate detailed information and summarize to a management level
- Has ability to work collaboratively with a large group as well as work independently