Toshiba is seeking a Assistant Plant Manager- Industrial Motors for our Houston, TX facility. General Job Description
The Sr. Operations Manager manages all shop floor and production activities, and identifies opportunities to implement and support lean manufacturing activities and maintenance operations. This role ensures production goals are met throughout the plant. The manager is responsible for Safety, 5 S, and adherence to environmental regulations. The successful candidate will have strong financial and business acumen as these are critical elements to forecasting production and budget planning.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plan staffing needs to accomplish the production schedule as requested by marketing and production control. Uses labor standards and methods as prescribed by Engineering.
- Proactively manages headcount to achieve production goals; promotes cross department training.
- Supports the efforts of QC department; works cohesively to implement and oversee projects related to Quality, Six Sigma/Lean, and Safety.
- Oversees all maintenance projects, empowers Maintenance Manager to standardize TPM routines. Provides overall direction to maintenance department. Set standards to ensure facility is safe, functioning and well maintained. Accountable for effective scheduling of maintenance shut downs.
- Responsible for auditing and maintaining the condition of motor plant work areas and equipment. Also, responsible for the effective scheduling and execution of preventative maintenance.
- Report all scrap as predetermined by Quality Control Procedure. Find the cause of the scrap and take appropriate corrective action in order to resolve the problem.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in productivity, scrap, quality, safety, and 5S and implement changes to support those improvements utilizing 5S and other lean manufacturing principles.
- Coach, counsel, and mentor team members to facilitate their growth and development and to assist in preparing team members for movement along their career paths.
Minimum Position Requirements:• Bachelor's Level Degree; Prefer Master's• Minimum 10 years full manufacturing experience (cost control, safety, quality systems, plant floor supervision, etc.)• Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience• Previous experience in short, mid, and long range planning• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be customer oriented. This role must be adept at building strong relationships with Engineering, Operations, QC, Sales and Marketing. Ability• Demonstrated problem solving skills