DIRECTV, Inc.is more than television; we are an innovative technology company. DIRECTV is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, and industry leading customer service to more than 32 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America, on any device wherever you are.
Many of more than 16,000 employees deliver industry-leading service and value, operate broadcast centers on the ground and monitor DIRECTV satellites in space. As an all-digital platform, DIRECTV was the first to deliver an interactive on-screen program guide and Pay per View ordering by remote control. DIRECTV continued to lead the competition by being the first to offer more HD channels than anyone, introducing award winning new products such as DVR and as early as 2010, introduced whole-house, mobile and portable services.
In this role, you will look at the various tools we have in place and work to engineer integration, program workflows and database design. You will identify anything redundant in our current tools and streamline those processes to make it easier for the users.
Lead design & development of the IT Service Management (ITSM) toolset to improve/enhance/introduce automation and improve usability to streamline processes for Incident Management, Self-Service Request Fulfillment, etc. This is a key position with a strategic focus and upward mobility as DIRECTV will soon be embarking on an initiative to rollout a next generation toolset to increased process maturity and value realization.
If you are driven and can bring high energy to help us transform our organization, we want to talk to you. We’re looking for visionaries who regularly challenge the status quo with a passion for continuous improvement. This is a highly visible position and we are looking for an experienced leader capable of facilitating cross-functional discussions, delivering high-quality solutions and creating value for stakeholders.
In the first 6 months, you will be involved in gathering requirements for the new tool set, documenting workflows and doing some configuration. You will also be working with vendors and testing their products in the sandbox. Detailed Work:
- Design and develop the architecture and integration of support tools related to ITSM including ticketing, paging, knowledge management, employee self-service, monitoring, orchestration, etc.Identify and develop improvements to user interfaces for enhanced support tool usability
- Detect opportunities for process automation and engineer solutions to increase operational efficiencies
- Administer support tool environments, user permissions, and configuration settings
- Manage relationship with 3rd Party vendors and internal and external tool stakeholders
- Coordinate efforts to capture and analyze requirements to streamline and/or automate request fulfillment processes
- Lead the implementation of a new ITSM Tool for Incident Management, Problem Management, & Request Fulfillment