Fujitsu is a leading provider of customer-focused information technology and communications solutions for the global marketplace. Pace-setting device technologies, highly reliable computing and communications products, and a worldwide corps of systems and services experts uniquely position us to deliver comprehensive solutions that open up infinite possibilities for our customers' success. Fujitsu America, Inc.
provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors. For more information on Fujitsu America's business scope, visit http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/
We are seeking a Sr. Commvault Backup Administrator
for our IS department in our Sunnyvale, CA location.
This position requires a strong background in Commvault backup solutions as well as some SAN management experience. A demonstrated ability to support a large production environment (2000 plus clients) along with the ability to design and implement solutions, manage change requests, and manage backup policies. Must having wide-ranging experience and the ability to apply that experience along with professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in effective ways. Strong organizational skills are necessary. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Configure all aspects of the backup infrastructure including secondary storage frames, switches and disk/tape topologies as directed in various configurations using knowledge of backup concepts as they relate to large enterprise multi PB environments that employ Commvault technologies
• Responsible for backup and recovery methodologies and application of these methodologies including retention, reclamation, and disaster recovery.
• Manage, configure and maintain multi-PB multi-tiered environment.
• Respond to, diagnose and remediate issues in a dynamic environment.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation for multiple environments.
• Report on performance and capacities and make allocation recommendations based on trending.
• Provide 24x7 on-call support as part of a larger team
• Participate in capacity planning and performance discussions and assist in development and execution of disaster recovery exercises.
• Responsible for maintaining current microcode and software component levels.
• 24x7 Tier 2 & 3 support and on-call support responsibilities.