As a Finance Manager, you will be part of PNC's Retail Banking Finance team. As a Manager, you'll supervise a team that supports one of the major loan products within the Retail Bank.
Your days and weeks will be paced by standard department protocols, and by situations that call special attention. You'll use your finance, accounting and business experience, become familiar with particular PNC loan products, and build a network of professional relationships inside and outside the Retail Finance department. You'll help your team ensure the integrity of PNC accounting/financial data as they examine, verify, balance and reconcile various types of financial transactions. On a monthly basis, your contributions will help "tell the story" of your specific loan products to internal management. PNC is committed to leadership, so you will be exposed to the industry's best in technology, processes, and service.
As a Finance Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team striving to deliver optimal financial performance for internal clients. Each day offers exciting challenges as you manage the financial activities of your line of business by gathering and analyzing complex financial data. You will also ensure the integrity of financial reporting requirements and have the opportunity to manage/coach less experienced staff members. In this role, you will enjoy high visibility and the chance to have a direct impact on the business' bottom line.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree; Finance or Accounting preferred
* A degree in Accounting or Finance combined with CPA or CMA Certification and/or MBA or MPA graduate degree is preferred for this function to ensure that the manager has an adequate knowledge base to manage functions and activities within the department, to make appropriate decisions and to review reports, activities, and analysis with good judgement.
* Seven to ten years of relevant experience, including three to five years of supervisory experience in Finance.
* Strong working knowledge of general accounting, accounting systems, financial reporting and financial analysis.
* Excellent working knowledge of computers including spreadsheet, database management, graphics and word processing applications.
* Demonstrated competency in management, analytical and written and verbal communication skills. Should possess effective leadership and supervisory skills.
* Dedicated to not only meeting, but also exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal as well as external customers.
* Consistently strives to exceed goals and expectations; motivates others to accomplish results in an excellent fashion.
* Effectively solves problems by applying a systematic assessment of alternatives. Identifies what is important and should be focused on to achieve objectives.
* Communicates effectively with senior management; demonstrates a high-level of professionalism; inspires confidence and credibility.
* Identifies talent and hires the best available candidates whether internal or external.\
* Must be able to independently plan and conduct non-routine financial analysis/reporting projects and consult effectively to higher level management.
* Strong team building and motivating skills.
* Must have effective oral and written communication skills.