Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and marine equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, in 26 facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for Honda, Chrysler, General Motors, BMW, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering. Primarily interacting with Honda North America on hardware development for automotive instrument clusters. This position is located in our Dublin, Ohio office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in interpreting recommending and implementing customer requirements and specifications for circuit design and development of instrument cluster hardware.
- Act as a Bridge Engineer between N.S. International and Nippon Seiki with Honda North America based in the Columbus, OH area.
- Assists with the development and various problem solving tasks with suppliers.
- Assists in providing technical support to Honda for development and various problem solving tasks.
- Conducts design trade-off analysis, and capability studies.
- Conducts a thorough study of vehicle side interface and circuits.
- Assists in interfacing with the customer and internal engineering teams (mechanical and system/software) to define hardware requirements and specifications.
- Examines design feasibility by performing worst case circuit analysis.
- Assists in prepare technical reports, design proposals, functional specifications, and project timelines to customers and management.
- Maintains internal and customer related open issues list during development phase.
- Generates diagrams and schematics using circuit design software tools.
- Assists in the design of complex 32 BIT microcontroller unit (MCU) based circuits/systems.
- Assists in the design of complex 32/64 BIT graphic processing unit (GPU) based systems.
- Assists in the design of various SMPS circuits with multiple voltage rails to support system design depending on component selection.
- Supports developing system design sheet based on customer specifications and internal design procedures.
- Assists in preparing component and sub-system level DFMEA documents.
- Designs and builds test switch boxes and harnesses.
- Aids in the design and build of breadboards.
- Completes various rework tasks, software flash programming, and other support activities.
- Maintains Hardware Rework Room equipment inventory, keep equipment tracker updated, calibration record tracker updated, ensure there are enough raw materials (solder, flux, wiring, switches, resistors, caps, etc.), and keep everything organized.
- Analyzes customer validation documents, develops test plans for electrical and EMC testing, supports DVP & R document creation, and coordinates validation schedule with appropriate parties.
- Conducts vehicle level electrical functional test, and reports findings to hardware management and customer.
- Provides status updates on project activities and progress to hardware supervisor, manager, and Hardware Engineers.
- Conducts component and process cost reduction studies.
- Completes tear-down analysis of competitor’s parts, documents design details, and makes presentation.
- Analyzes warranty return issues and implement necessary design changes in coordination other Hardware Engineers.
- Assists in the completion electrical studies and all documentation for RFQ activities to obtain new business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or computer engineering.
- Any experience with Honda programs and communicated on electrical engineering issues related to instrument clusters with the customer is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Work requires the ability to aid in the design electrical hardware and printed circuit boards.
- Work requires the ability to aid in the creation EMC/Electrical designs/32 BIT based MCU systems.
- Work requires knowledge of analog/digital circuitry and printed circuit board assembly process.
- Work requires the ability to use hardware schematic capture software (such as Zuken).
- Work requires the ability to use testing tools such as oscilloscopes, programmable power supply, digital multimeter, and ARB waveform FCN generator to test hardware functionality.
- Work requires knowledge of tolerance and worst case analysis methodologies.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.
- Work requires the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
N.S. International, Ltd is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.