As a leader in customer management for over 30 years, Convergys is uniquely focused on helping companies find new ways to enhance the value of their customer relationships and deliver consistent customer experiences across all channels and geographies. Every day, our over 80,000 employees help our clients balance the demands of increasing revenue, improving customer satisfaction, and reducing overall cost using an optimal mix of agent, technology, and analytics solutions. Our actionable insight stems from handling billions of customer interactions annually for our clients. Visit www.convergys.com
to learn more.
Dimension & Scope:
- Consult on the planning and layout of strategy for network products; projects and architectural enhancements.
- Responsible for the development of network; security; and capacity management.
- Function as a senior technical expert to the staff for support; problem resolution and technical direction in the implementation of the strategic network plans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult on design, implementation and enhancements for the strategy of network architecture direction, network security management direction, and capacity management direction.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of new network technologies.
- Function as a senior technical expert for resolution of data network technical issues.
- Participate in overall network budget planning process.
- Advise on networking directions and assist with obtaining approval with upper management.
- Transition strategic network plans to actions and activities.
- Define business and technical objectives, assumptions and constraints that may impact data network software and hardware solutions.
- Consult with and advise senior management on data network direction and strategy.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of new network technologies. Write capital expenditure justifications and business plans for the upgrade of the data network infrastructure.
- Document and lead the implementation of the business continuity requirements of the data network environment.
Education & Professional Certifications:
- Movement into TCP Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline And Six years relevant experience Or Master's Degree in related technical discipline And Four years relevant experience Or Eleven years relevant experience without college degree.
- Movement within TCP Minimum three years experience in B3 Level TCP position. Note: Technical Certification of LAN, Cisco, Windows Operating System (MCSE) is expected at this level.
- Advanced experience with multiple Network Operating System (NOS) and Operating System (OS).
- Detailed knowledge of networking component bridges, routers, MAC layer, wiring hubs, and interconnecting alternatives.
- Advanced technical expertise in troubleshooting network problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced negotiation and project management skills.
- Extensive networking experience.
- Has obtained and maintained various technical certifications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Customer service and detail oriented
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of business functions and planning experience, especially as related to the company (desirable).
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.