Facilities Services Field Engineer
This is the entry level for professional engineering work. As a Facilities Engineer with Terracon you will be responsible for assisting senior staff in managing/conducting: property condition assessments; engineering studies of distressed buildings; building enclosure assessment; construction monitoring, and draw reviews. You will also evaluate respective data, prepare proposals and reports, and take part in other facilities consulting projects. Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
• Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
• Assists in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications for commercial developments and public works projects.
• Assists in the preparation of engineering calculations, cost estimates and other supporting documentation for public and private projects.
• Researches material and product information to develop an understanding of material properties and recommended installation methods in support of construction monitoring activities.
• Performs plan drafting using CADD software. May direct the work of Drafters and Technicians.
• Assists technical staff and field crews in testing, observations and data gathering activities on project sites.
• Performs other office, laboratory or field studies and duties that may be assigned by more senior level professional staff or the Office Manager.
• Outlines the required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper of various alternative techniques to conduct site study in his/her field of expertise.
• Complete safety orientation program
• Abide by safety and personal protective equipment policies
• Demonstrate safe work practices and avoid unsafe behaviors
• Drive defensively, avoid preventable accidents and always wear a seat belt
• Attend regularly scheduled safety training
• Report all unsafe conditions to your Supervisor
• May direct the work of technicians, field crew, or drilling crew as necessary.
• Will perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to prepare reports using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to prepare drawings and diagrams using drafting software.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.