As a Software Engineer II (Oracle/ETL), you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain our reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under the guidance of senior engineers and your manager, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements, potentially across a variety of technology platforms.
You will develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software possibly across a variety of technology platforms. You will also assess and determine design considerations including application programs containing business logic and possibly modify databases, client reports, internal reports and online presentations.
You will join our Risk Management Process Technology team located in Pittsburgh, PA as an Engineer supporting a project focused on building out a new parallel production environment with new data model and new dashboard with enhanced reporting and ad-hoc capability for the Risk LOB. It will also include a new User Interface architecture to assist with data entry in a secure and auditable environment. The goal is to replace the existing dashboard and data model with the new dashboard and database and roll-out to a broader user base with organized training.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT related field
* 2-4 years of related experience
* Possess a strong understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques.
* Develops a strong understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
* In depth knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and requirements to technical staff.
Preferred technical skills include the following:
* Database knowledge and development experience (Oracle, DB2)
* Functional skills on the UNIX platform
* ETL (Extract Translate and Load) code development and deployment 'Informatica is a plus
* OBIEE/ Tableau reports development experience
* Harvest Version control environment
* Java knowledge (developing screen design, web development best practices) a plus
* MS project working knowledge and familiarity with Clarity time reporting tool
* Warehouse solution knowledge