Liberty Mutual Insurance At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and casualty insurance. As of December 31, 2012, Liberty Mutual Insurance had $36.9 billion in annual consolidated revenue. Our financial strength and profitability rely on the skills, knowledge, and creativity of our more than 50,000 employees in over 900 offices worldwide. As number 81 on Fortune Magazine’s list of the 100 largest corporations in the U.S., we have the resources and training our employees need to drive our business forward and be successful in an ever-evolving, complex world. Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world. Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a claims team with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available for a Property Adjuster II/ Sr. Property Adjuster I
which will investigate commercial property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. You will negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils. Responsibilities:
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust moderately sized business interruption losses.
- Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants and independent adjusters as required. Monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes.
- Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage issues with minimal review and coaching. Determines depreciation of claim.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling practices.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- May participate in quality assurance file review sessions and serve as a technical resource for less experienced claims personnel.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.