Hanson Building Products, a division of Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Operations Analyst for its Grand Prairie, TX location.
Hanson Building Products North America is comprised of Pipe & Precast, Pressure Pipe, Structural Precast, Brick and Roof Tile. Based in Irving, Texas, Hanson Building Products North America employs approximately 4,000 people and operates 120 facilities with products available throughout the U.S. and Canada. One of Hanson Building Products' corporate strategies is continued focus on sustainability. The company is known throughout North America for excellent occupational safety, environmental stewardship, high quality standards and contributions to its local communities.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, tiles and clay bricks.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. The Group employs around 52,500 people at 2,500 locations in more than 40 countries. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS Budget and Forecasts
- Prepares annual plant budgets, including consolidation of all financial and supplementary data.
- Prepares interim (quarterly) area forecasts.
- Publish monthly variance analysis reports which explain factors driving volume, price and cost results relative to comparative benchmarks (plan, prior periods, etc.) using Essbase, Business Objects and Oracle.
- Generate production oriented KPIs (down to the site level), including the development of both concepts and measures including the direction of personnel in the use of systems to facilitate reporting and analysis
- Investigate and address substantial inventory and manufacturing variances.
- Correct financial inconsistencies resulting from uncoordinated individual transactions by plants within the region in compliance with local, regional, and upper management’s short and long term goals.
- Prepares the monthly financial results packages, ensuring proper analysis and interpretation of performance are provided to senior management.
- Development and maintain Essbase and Business Objects reports that support the various Sales and Operation roles as required.
- Create cost models allowing for the what-if decisions for plant performance.
- Identify process inefficiencies and provide recommendations and an implementation plan for an improving them by collaborating with all interested parties whether sales, engineering, accounting, or production.
- Create reports detailing low or negative gross margin products, ensure costing and pricing methodologies are accurate, and collaborate with sales, production and engineering for corrective actions where necessary.
- Identified process inefficiencies and provide recommendations and an implementation plan for an improved process collaborating with all interested parties whether sales, engineering, accounting, or production.
Candidate should be able to:
- Support and train plant personnel in the use of Oracle, Business Objects and Essbase.
- Review financial reports with plant and regional managers.
- Maintain a working knowledge of how to calculate bills of material consistent with established corporate and regional policies and /or ASTM, DOT, etc. specifications.
- Understand how standard costs are calculated and validate their accuracy.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of how actual costs are coded and flow through the system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent years of work experience required; plus
- Minimum one to five (1-5) years’ relevant experience in financial analysis process for large organizations and supporting capex investment decisions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- High attention to detail, solid organizational skills.
- Solid written, verbal communication, planning and networking skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Extensive knowledge in Excel, Business Objects, cost accounting and Oracle ERP system
The responsibilities and duties listed above are given to outline the basic responsibilities of this position. At times responsibilities or duties that are not listed above may be required of you during your employment. BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Lehigh Hanson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will commensurate your work experience.
No Search Firms please.