Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC, is the 14th-largest mutual fund family in the U.S. with more than $225 billion in assets under management. The firm falls under the Wells Fargo Asset Management division of Wholesale Banking.
This position is responsible for developing a variety of institutional-caliber investment communications for the firm’s mutual funds, separate accounts, and other products. The primary focus is on providing sophisticated, research-driven, investment-oriented materials for the professional buyer audience, which markets primarily to investment decision-makers at defined contribution platforms and investment consulting firms. Additional responsibilities include development of materials for the retail intermediary, money market fund, and direct-to-fund audiences. The successful candidate will have a unique dual aptitude for analytical and editorial functions, with sophisticated investment knowledge and demonstrated professional writing experience. This person must have the ability to interact on a peer level with investment analysts as well as provide editorial expertise in the development of investment-oriented materials. This position reports directly to the head of Communications and Public Relations for Wells Fargo Funds Management.
About the Investment Communications team:
Working closely with our partners in Marketing, Investments, Product, Sales, and other areas across the firm, the Investment Communications team focuses on supporting and enhancing the firm’s investment reputation and brand visibility internally and externally through development of research-driven investment communications, sophisticated thought-leadership materials, and high-quality marketing and shareholder communications with a focus on message consistency and the client experience. The Investment Communications team is one of three groups within the broader Communications and Public Relations team, which also includes Marketing Communications and Public Relations/Internal Communications.
Specific responsibilities include:
Developing content for sophisticated, research-driven communications to help drive sales of our mutual funds, managed accounts, and other products, including quarterly portfolio manager commentaries, competitive advantage product/strategy pieces, and investment perspectives/voice of the manager papers.
- Supplying idea generation, along with research and development of investments-driven communications, to further elevate the firm‘s investment brand and thought leadership platform, including analytical white papers.
- Contributing to other key projects, such as ongoing content development of fund and strategy profiles, portfolio manager stories, pitchbooks, and shareholder reports.
Demonstrated professional writing experience and editorial expertise
- Ability to successfully build solid working relationships with Wells Fargo Funds Management’s Investments, Sales, Product, Marketing Strategy, Creative Services, and Marketing Review/Compliance teams, as well as our subadvisor/investment management teams
- Motivated, strategic thinker with the ability to assess strengths/weaknesses of existing communications by channel/audience and to make/execute recommendations for improvement
- Ability to effectively research and develop content based on a well-thought out thesis, with a focus on efficient production of high-quality materials
- Easily and regularly collaborates with all levels of team members, including senior managers
Position is open in Boston, Charlotte, San Francisco, or Menomonee Falls, WI