Statement of Purpose
This position is responsible for operational and compliance audits throughout the company to ensure systems, processes, and policies are accurate, reliable, effective, and in compliance with government guidelines and laws. Provides guidance, direction and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
1. Champion for strong control environment. Promotes effective control design and operating efficiencies.
2. Evaluates operations, identifies issues and opportunities and offers practical solutions to improve company operations.
3. Creates work plans and audits programs.
4. Prepares written audit reports and discusses findings with management.
5. Assists the Audit department to improve audit effectiveness by developing programs and technology solutions to enhance company-wide continuous monitoring efforts.
6. Performs tests of controls to ensure operating effectiveness and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
7. Completes assigned audit reviews and performs sound and unbiased analysis evaluation of the results.
8. Provides written summaries of findings following conclusion of the audit, discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action and suggesting improvements in internal controls.
9. All other duties as assigned. Knowledge
• Knowledge of SOX 404 & 302, internal controls, and COSO required.
• Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Reasoning, planning, and time management skills.
• Research and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with employees at different levels throughout the organization
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, make objective decisions and solve business problems
• Ability to perform data analytics using computer assisted software toolsEducation/Experience
• Requires a bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Business or related field; with 3-5 years of experience in external audit, internal audit or related field;
• Big 4 experience preferred
• Experience in the restaurant, retail and/or food industry preferred
• CPA designation required