1. High school graduate or equivalent is required.
2. Completion of surgical technology program is required.
1. Entry level to two years experience is required.
1. Current CPR certification is required.
2. Certified Surgical Technician preferred.
1. Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
2. Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
3. Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
4. Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
5. Computer skills very helpful.
6. Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Constant walking, talking, and standing.
2. Must be able to assist in lifting and moving patients and pushing and pulling heavy equipment.
3. Modern surrounding with air-conditioned temperatures.
4. Frequently changing workload.
5. Potential for cuts, bruises, muscle strains, exposure to contagious diseases via blood and body fluids. Potential exposure to anesthetic waste gases, harsh disinfectants, sterilizing agents and radiological environment.
6. May be asked to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
7. May be asked to be available for stand-by/on-call duties.
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
G. Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee. Requisition Number: