Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC owns and operates facilities in Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska that produce anhydrous ammonia, UAN and urea. Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC, operates a production facility in Brandon, Manitoba, that produces anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, UAN and urea. In addition, Koch Fertilizer, LLC owns storage and terminal assets in northwest Europe with trading offices in Switzerland, France and United Kingdom.
Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC. is seeking a Project Engineer - Electrical
to join the Koch Nitrogen Terminals Group in Wichita, Kansas. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of capital expense and compliance projects related to Instrument & Electrical (I&E) equipment as well as other mechanical equipment at our Nitrogen Terminal facilities. The individual will also provide engineering support for terminal maintenance and reliability efforts related to I&E equipment. Project work will include initial investigation, alternatives evaluation, cost estimating, economic analysis, funding requests, contract engineering management, material procurement, cost tracking, construction, and start-up support. Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in an I&E engineering role, OR technical roles relating to Instrumentation and/or Electrical equipment operation, design and management
- Knowledgeable about process equipment, typical process industry standards, codes and design practices
- Ability to work in a "matrixed" leadership capacity with other corporate and facility operations personnel
- Good communication skills
- Able to identify root project opportunities and work independently to achieve goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution OR 5+ years’ experience in an electrical engineering position
- Must be able to travel and enter terminal & plant operating sites to access and inspect equipment. Inspections will include utilizing ladders and platforms in excess of 100 feet, entering confined spaces and be capable of utilizing all required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to support terminals & plants which are in continuous operation.
- Must be able to lift at least 35lb.
- Experience in Project Engineering
- Experience in Fertilizer Industry
- Operating and Maintenance experience
- Construction Management experience
- Experience with economic project analysis
- Knowledge and/or exposure of common codes related to I&E equipment (NEC, NFPA etc.)
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.